Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The Spyker


Two fine men from somewhere near Rotterdam, Netherlands are joining us for the first two weeks. The Spyker is owned by Stijnus, who completed the Peking to Paris trip in 2005 and again in 2007. His nephew, Jan, is along for the ride.
The photo to the right does not do the car justice. I'll try for a better one tomorrow.
Update: Not knowing how their car would hold up in the days to come, the Spyker left this morning for Seneca Falls. We will meet up with them in Buffalo, NY. I missed my tiny window of opportunity for a better shot. Don't worry.
PS. Like most Dutch I have met, Stijnus has a sense of humor. Jerry Chase, a board memeber of of the Horseless Carriage Club of America, and his wife, Joyce, joined Stijnus and Jan in the Spyker yesterday. Seated in the back, they wore clear ponchos to shield from the pelting rain. Stijnus commented -- 'You look like two giant condoms.'
Update 2: Stijnus and Jan are cousins. Lost in translation. After referring to each other as "my nephew" for the past few days, I can finally set the record straight: they are cousins. I was wondering how it was possible that your uncle was also your nephew...

No comments:

Post a Comment