Wednesday, June 3, 2009

How did you get involved in the re-creation of this drive?

To be thorough, I will start in Alaska:

Last fall (2008), Fountainhead Development poured an enormous cement slab adjacent to the Wedgewood Wildlife Sanctuary and Wedgewood Resort. Over the past 9 months, that slab has evolved into the Fountainhead Antique Auto Museum, which opened its doors June 1st. The Museum is home to an impressive automobile collection – 66 cars ranging from the late 1800’s to 1938, with 50 on display at any given time -- a vintage fashion display, and over 50 large-scale photographs (you don’t need glasses for these ones!) showcasing automobiles in early Alaska.

It was in the name of this Museum that I attended the Puyallup Swap Meet in February of this year. Here, I chatted with car buffs, ate greasy food, perused people's bizarre collections, and met Bob Junell who mentioned he had some graphic design work for me. Needless to say, Bob introduced me to the Alice Ramsey Centennial Drive and even recommended I fill a vacant seat in the 1909 Maxwell.

No comments:

Post a Comment